Take part in the UCV awards and receive recognition for your volunteering!
Once you have registered with us as a volunteer and start recording your volunteer hours, you will then be eligible to apply for our volunteering awards. These awards provide recognition for your commitment based on the number of hours you log, and provide the opportunity to record and reflect on your volunteer experience. You could also get the chance to participate in an employability workshop and practice your presentation skills.
The awards system has changed slightly this year, but don't worry if you have already completed an award, you will automatically be moved over to the equivalent award.
There are five levels to the award scheme, and volunteers work through each level in order to move onto the next.
- This is a brand new level and will recognise anyone who has recorded over 10 hours.
- This is the first award and can be applied for once 50 hours are recorded.
- Complete the UCV Plus sections of the online award workbook, including a skills analysis and skills development plan
- Any hours recorded of 25 hours or more for one organisation will need to be verified before the award can be given
- Complete the UCV Silver Award.
- Complete another 100 hours of volunteering (150 total)
- Attend a UCV Gold employability workshop with Careers and Employability
- Complete the UCV Gold sections of the online award workbook, including a Careers action plan
- Complete the UCV Silver and Gold
- Complete another 150 hours of volunteering (300 total)
- Write a short piece reflecting on your volunteering
- Deliver a presentation on these reflections to a panel of Staff
UCV Platinum +
- This award is to recognise volunteers who have completed the UCV Platinum award and have completed a total of 500 hours in total.
How to apply for the UCV Scheme?
- The Bronze level will be automatically awarded to your volunteer profile when you have logged over 10 hours
- When you are eligible to apply for the Silver, Gold and Platinum you will receive an email notification.
- On your profile there is an Award Progress section and the route to applying will be in here.
- Once you have completed the Silver, Gold and Platinum, the Platinum + will be automatically awarded to your volunteer profile
IF YOU DO APPLY FOR AN AWARD PLEASE KEEP CHECKING YOUR EMAILS. THIS IS HOW WE WILL CONTACT YOU IF WE HAVE ANY QUESTIONS ABOUT YOUR APPLICATION.
Benefits of the UCV award scheme:
· The UCV Silver, Gold and Platinum provide you with points towards the Chester Difference Award which is administered by Careers and Employability
· The Silver, Gold, Platinum and Platinum + provide recognition of your volunteering on your undergraduate Higher Education Achievement Record (HEAR)
· Reflect on your volunteering experience; keep a record of your volunteering achievements; develop your skills through your volunteering and recognise how your volunteering is contributing towards your employability
So if you are volunteering or about to start, make sure you log your hours and be eligible for our award scheme!