TO FIND MORE ABOUT US PLEASE SEE OUR PROVIDER HANDBOOK
- I wish to recruit University of Chester students as volunteers, what do I do next?
Please register on our website as a Provider here where you will also be able to view our Terms and Conditions.
Once you have registered a member of the team will review your registration, and if all the details are in place your registration will be made active, following which you can then start adding volunteer roles and recruit volunteers.
Please see our How to guide for adding activities for more information on adding volunteer roles to the website.
- We are a profit making organisation, can we still recruit volunteers?
We can only advertise volunteer opportunities for community, charitable and not-for profit organisations, Charitable Incorporated Organisations (CIOs) and community interest companies (CICs).
- Can we advertise an internship?
We are only able to advertise internships with charitable organisations, however we ask that you consider the availability of our students and the time available to them (we encourage our students to undertake no more than 6-10 hours of volunteering per week). For this reason, internships during the academic year will not be advertised.
- Our organisation has more than one volunteering opportunity, how do we advertise this?
If you wish to advertise more than one role you can add these as multiple activities on your provider profile.
- We sometimes have ‘one off’ opportunities, can you advertise these?
Yes! Please put these as an activity on the website as this will then make it visible to volunteers. If you also email us details of the date, time, location and roles of your event then we can advertise them on our Facebook page. We also compile specific emails at Christmas and Summer to advertise one off opportunities, if you are a registered provider on our website you should receive our emails regarding this.
- I have forgotten my password/ my password isn't working, what should I do?
Please email us and we will reset your password for you.
- How will our volunteering opportunities be promoted?
By registering as a provider and then uploading your specific activities to this website student volunteers will be able to search and apply to volunteer with you. Additionally, we also offer both a weekly drop in service and appointments where members of the team will speak directly with students as far as possible to pass on enthusiasm and extra details about the opportunities available on the website. We also advertise events and one off opportunities on our social media pages.
- We have promotional materials and further information about our opportunities, can we send you copies?
Unfortunately we don’t have a specific space for leaflets and posters.
- We need particular skills from our volunteers, how can we make sure we recruit students who have those particular skills?
When you add an activity to the website there is the option to tick areas in which your volunteering falls or the specific skills you require. On the University of Chester website you will find a course list which may also give you an idea of the skills students have.
However, the final decision regarding the suitability of volunteers rests with you, as the organisation.
- What should we do if there is a problem with a volunteer, or we find that they are not suitable at application stage?
As we are unable to manage who applies for your opportunities via the website, we would recommend having a recruitment process in place (even if this is very informal) so that you are able to check their suitability for a role. If following your usual procedure for dealing with issues with volunteers you are still experiencing problems or you have concerns about one of your student volunteers, please contact us.
- We have received an email that a student is interested in an activity we have advertised, what should I do next?
The procedure is highlighted in our How to Guide for contacting volunteers but if you have any questions please contact us.
We would reccommend contacting the student within 10 working days to ensure they feel engaged in the process. Regular communication is key in this.
If you have contacted them and then not heard from them again please let us know and we will contact them to check their interest in the role.
- What do we do if we have had very little uptake in our activities?
Unfortunately we are unable to guarantee that student volunteers wll apply to the roles you advertise on the website.
If you are struggling to recruit student volunteers please let us know and we will look at ways to promote your volunteer opportunies further.
Please also see our Tips for getting the most from your activity listing for more information on engaging students with your volunteer roles.
Still got a question which wasn’t answered? Please email us on firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to help.