Provider Terms and Conditions
This document is an agreement between UoC Volunteering and the organisations wishing to recruit student volunteers through this service. It details the specific roles and responsibilities which will ensure an effective partnership between these two parties.
Please note, that UoC Volunteering are only able to advertise opportunities with not-for profit organisations that have charitable purposes, or projects with statutory organisations (schools, hospitals)
UoC Volunteering are also only able to advertise opportunities based in the U.K
What you can expect from UoC Volunteering:
- To provide you with the means to advertise opportunities through our Volunteering website, once the completed organisation paperwork has been approved by UoC Volunteering
- To offer support to your organisation through regular contact with you and UoC Volunteers, including updates on our service; provide the opportunity for feedback and offer support for any issues that arise
- To offer mediation between you and UoC Volunteers if requested by both you and the volunteer
- To provide you with guidance on effective ways to advertise volunteer opportunities within the University of Chester
- To handle and store your data only as according to our privacy notice which can be found here
What we ask of organisations recruiting volunteers through UoC Volunteering
- That the volunteer opportunities offered on the UoC Volunteer website are appropriate for students with realistic and achievable expectations
- To only advertise roles which do not replace the work of paid members of staff
- Opportunities listed will require a commitment of less than 16 hours per week (unless the opportunity occurs during University of Chester vacation periods)
- Have an extensive health and safety policy covering all aspects of any volunteering opportunity you submit and accept responsibility for the Health and Safety of those volunteering with you
- Organisations must have full insurance in place to cover for activities in which the volunteer engage. As a minimum requirement Organisations must have valid Public Liability Insurance and have submitted insurance details to your Provider profile.
- Be responsible for the recruitment process of student volunteers and for the decision of the eligibility of a student volunteer for the volunteer role
- To provide a comprehensive induction to the organisation and volunteer role including health and safety and how to minimise risks
- Reply to student applications within 10 working days
- Keep personal information about UoC Volunteers confidential and process data in line with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
- To be responsible for the administration and payment of a DBS if it is a requirement of the volunteer role
- Adhere to your organisation’s policies regarding the protection of children and vulnerable adults. However if an allegation is made against a UoC Volunteer, to inform UoC Volunteering, and to also inform UoC Volunteering if an allegation is made by a UoC Volunteer
- Keep your volunteering opportunities up to date on the UoC Volunteering website and inform UoC Volunteering of any amendments that need making, if you are unable to complete these.
- Be committed to Equality and Diversity and provide an inclusive opportunity environment.
IF YOU ARE NOT ADVERTISING ANY VOLUNTEERING AND WE DON'T HEAR OFF YOU WITHIN 1 YEAR WE WILL MAKE YOUR ACCOUNT INACTIVE UNTIL YOU TELL US OTHERWISE